Date: November 20, 2012.
Place: Intercontinental Hotel, Kyiv, Ukraine
The III Ukrainian Investment Forum: Rethinking the Future provided opportunities to evaluate and analyze more thoroughly the latest development in various alternatives of capital raising and networking with leaders of investment market in Ukraine. Executives of top Ukrainian companies and investment professionals, who represent investors, private equity funds, investment and commercial banks, exchanged information about real opportunities of attracting investments for Ukrainian companies in the time of economic challenges.
The target audience is CEO level representatives of the Top-500 Ukrainian companies in the real sector. The main topics covered were the economy and financing sources available for Ukrainian companies: Debt, Private and Public Equity. The special feature of theForum included a unique panel discussion on global markets and the domestic economic outlook, which provided participants with a «big picture» of the current landscape and the future potential of our country.
TheForum was also distinctive as CFA Institute celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the CFA Charter as the global gold standard of education in the investment industry.
This event was an open and collaborative platform that focuses on development and improvement of the investment industry within the country. Forum’s speakers included top economists, legendary investors, government and regulatory leaders, who share insights on today’s investment issues, examine market trends, uncover new investment opportunities, and deliver practical investment advice.
Ukrainian Investment Forum, as the only major business event in the country which remains totally independent from any corporate, commercial or political interests, is a driving force for promoting Ukraine’s economy.
Among special guests at the Forum were:
- Attila Koksal, CFA • Board Member, CFA Institute
- Max Alier • Resident Representative in Ukraine, International Monetary Fund
- Luis Costa • Director – CEEMEA Strategy, Citibank (London)
- Sergey Sosnov • Executive Director, Investment Management Division, Goldman Sachs International (London)
- Volodymyr Lavrenchuk • Chairman of the Board, Raiffeisen Bank Aval
- Ruslan Piontkivskiy • Senior Economist for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova, World Bank
- Rufat Alimardanov, CFA • Country Head in Ukraine and Belarus, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Dominique Menu • Head of Representative Office in Ukraine, BNP Paribas
- Valeria Gontareva • CEO, Investment Capital Ukraine Group
- Natalie Jaresko • CEO and Founding Partner, Horizon Capital